Global, Leigh Burke's Niche Internet Marketing Newsletter - Strategy versus tactics

Hi Global,

Today I want to share with you some of my thoughts about Internet
Marketing, and how as either a beginner, intermediate or advanced
internet marketer you should be approaching this business.

Specifically, in this newsletter you will learn:

- The difference between Internet Marketing Strategy and Tactics
- When, where and how you should be focusing your energy and efforts
- How the top internet marketers use this knowledge to their advantage
- The importance of momentum, timing and patience

Let me start by stating how I define the difference between Strategy
and Tactics, and why I believe knowing the difference is crucial to
your success online.

The Dictionary.com definition for "Strategy" is:

1. Also, strategics. the science or art of combining and employing the
means of war in planning and directing large military movements and
operations.
2. the use or an instance of using this science or art.
3. skillful use of a stratagem: The salesperson's strategy was to seem
always to agree with the customer.
4. a plan, method, or series of maneuvers or stratagems for obtaining
a specific goal or result: a strategy for getting ahead in the world.

The Dictionary.com definition for "Tactics" is:

1. (usually used with a singular verb) the art or science of disposing
military or naval forces for battle and maneuvering them in battle.
2. (used with a plural verb) the maneuvers themselves.
3. (used with a singular verb) any mode of procedure for gaining
advantage or success.
4. (usually used with a singular verb) Linguistics. a. the patterns in
which the elements of a given level or stratum in a language may
combine to form larger constructions.
b. the study and description of such patterns.

So clearly, from the above we see that "Strategy" relates to planning
and methodology. I like to refer to this as "High Level".

We also see that "tactics" refers to the procedures, or the parts that
make up the whole strategy. I like to refer to these as "Lower
level".

Now let me give you a bit of background as to why I personally needed
to make the distinction between the above.

I am quite technical. I have a technical background. I am not a
programmer, but I understand the software development lifecycle, and
can converse with developers to get projects completed. I am more of
a project manager, however I do enjoy screating scripts, tinkering
with websites setting up shopping carts etc.

I got to a point in my business, where to advance, I needed to
outsource a large quantity of tasks that needed to be completed in
order to continue to release products and move forward with the
projects I have planned.

By far the easiest thing to outsource is repetitive tasks, as well as
anything involving programming. By repetitive tasks, I mean
submitting articles, posting in forums, cvreating backlinks, setting
up blogs etc. By programming I mean YOU as the strategist comes up
wit a great idea for a new piece of software, you write the
specifications, and you outsource this to a software developer.

Taking the above into consideration, you will note that the best types
of tasks to outsource are "tactical" tasks, i.e. tasks that you can
perform over and over again to advance your business - i.e. to get
more traffic, more sales, more sign-ups to your newsletter, more
products to sell, more sales pages to sell your products from.

Now, having clarity on the above is great. I can quickly and easily
identify what can be outsourced for any given project I undertake.

So given that I outsource most of my "tactical" internet marketing,
you might be wondering what is left for me to do as the strategist?
Hmmm, where do I start? ;)

The best way to think of strategy is "How will this benefit my
business in the long term?" You have to always be thinking long term.
The other thing you need to be thinking is "How can I automate this
process?", and "What can I outsource?". If you haven't read the 4
Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss, make sure you grab a copy, he
covers the topic of automation quite thoroughly, so I won't try and
repeat that here.

So here are some of the taks you will perform as the strategist for
your business"

- Develop new product ideas
- Write specifications for your new products
- Create lists of tasks to be outsourced for new product development
and marketing
- Automate business processes e.g. Shopping cart, help desk, FAQs,
Auto-responders, List software, Membership sites, Forums
- Develop training material for your outsourcers
- Manage your outsourcers (This can be automated to a degree as well)
- Manage cashflow
- Manage development pipeline
- Create and maintain Joint Ventures

Now I firmly believe that if you are serious about anything in life,
then you need to educate yourself, and model yourself on a master.
You could do this by forming a mentor relationship, joinging a
mastermind group, or simply investing in some courses.

If you wanted to study Aikido, you could purchase some of the DVDs
aabout master practitioners like Hiroshi Isoyama. You could seek out
a master and train at their dojo. The point is, you do your research,
find out who you want to model yourself on, then get access to their
teachings however you can.

Now the same applies with business and internet marketing. There are
guys online that have been creating businesses and marketing their
products and services very successfully for many, many years. You
need to find a mentor that you gel with. So when you look at their
products and services, they strike a chord with you. They are
creating products and services of a quality and range that you also
aspire to release. Once you find this person, get a hold of some of
their ebooks and courses hwoever you can, and study them. Soak it all
in.

**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
****
UPDATE - Press Release Software, Press Ads & The Press Club

The launch of www.Press_Release-Software.com is imminent!

I just wanted to take the time to address some questions I have been
receiving about the launch.

1) The software development is complete. The affiliate program and
marketing materials are complete. I am still finalising one of the
bonuses. I am still finalising the help videos.

2) I have all but set the pricing for the different options
available. I won't release this publicly yet, however I will confirm
that I will be offering a steep discount to my members, and I will
also be pre-releasing the product to members of my list - so you will
be the first ones to get your hands on it.

3) I have had some questions asking what the differences between the
software, the club and Press Ads are?
This will all be covered in the marketing material. It is explained
in step-by-step detail. But to give you a heads up:

a) The main product is Press Release Software that allows you to
create highly optimized press releases and submit them to 60+ websites
b) There will be an upgrade option for The Press Club Membership that
will allow you to submit a specific number of press releases per
month, or unlimited press releases depending on the member level you
choose.
c) The upgraded memberships will also qualify you for bonus monthly
credit to the Press Ads system. The Press Ads system allows you to
advertise with Google style ads directly to the software and our
network of websites. You can see an example here:
http://press-release-software.com/recommended/products.php We are
doing final testing on this system, you can sign up, but please don't
buy any credits yet, as you will get way better with the credits
included with your Press Club membership.

The launch date HAS NOT been set yet. About 7-10 days prior to the
launch date, I will announce the launch date to my list. Anybody on
my list is welcome to become a JV partner and join the launch.
Everyone on my list will get a priority mailing prior to the official
launch allowing you to sign up earlier and get the bonus. There will
be a limited number of special memberships available with a reduced
price and additional bonuses. I expect all these to be sold to people
from my list. I haven't set the number yet, but it is likely to be
capped at 300.

That's it for now, keep your eyes peeled for my next update which
should include the launch date and some other specific information.

See what I told you, product development and testing really does take
a lot of time and effort! :)

**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
****

I am a big fan of Mike Filsaime. The reason being is that he focuses
a lot on "Strategy". He is a "Big picture" thinker, and he has read
most of the business books that I have. I follow what Mike does, and
I have learnt a great deal form him.

Mike, like most successful internet marketers focus on strategy. They
are always thinking one step ahead. If you are on Mike's list, you
would notice that you get an email about one product one day, and
another email about some other totally unrelated service he has also
been developing the next day. He has a lot of irons in the fire at
once so to speak. Now if you think about it, Mike could not develop
and market all these products and services on his own. He has a team
behind him helping him release all these products and services day
after day, month after month, year after year.

When Mike release Butterfly Marketing 2.0 for postage only, he wasn't
just feeling generous that day. It was part of his overall strategy
in getting people to subscribe to his lists. That is how Mike keeps
in contact with his members, subscribers, customers and potential
customers. That is wht Mike doesn't need to rely on traffic from
Google to do a launch! See how tactics and strategy are symbiotic?
Take care of your strategy, and the tactics will almost become a
non-issue.

A lot of newbie marketers tend to ficus too much on tactics.

How can I get higher rankings?
How can I get 5 more sales per week?
How can I get more backlinks?

While important questions, and something you do need to keep an eye
on. These day to day tactical questions are not what you should be
focusing your time and energy on. Focus on the strategy, and let the
rest take care of itself.

One thing I have noticed is that with the plethora of Internet
Marketing courses, services and software available online, they tend
to be divided slightly in favour of products that focus on "tactics".
They are hypey, in that they get consumers excited about making a lot
of money fast with a "tactic". While some of these do have merit
(You'll have to do your own due diligence), I highly recommend that
any products you do invest in have a main focus on "Strategy". These
will give you the best long term benefit.

Finally I wanted to cover the importance of momentum, timing and
patience.

These 3 topics are all inter-related also. With momentum what you
need to understand is that every product and service you release is
essentially another feather in your cap. It is not the end game, or
the website that you are going to retire off. You need to get away
from this kind of thinking. Essentially, you are releasing a series
of products and services. Each time you release a product or service,
you are learning what works best and what mistakes to avoid. You are
also creating a reputation for yourself, and finally you are building
a customer list. So to give you a a simple diagram to explain where I
am coming from:

PRODUCT 1: List=100, Knowledge=Beginner, Reputation=Unknown

PRODUCT 2: List=1000, Knowledge=Beginner, Reputation=Sounds familiar

PRODUCT 3: List=5000, Knowledge=Intermediate, Reputation=Known

PRODUCT 4: List=10000, Knowledge=Intermediate, Reputation=Well Known

PRODUCT 5: List=20000, Knowledge=Advanced, Reputation=Guru

To move through eack of these stages will take time, hence you need
patience! As you move through each product launch, you will be
building momentum for yourself. As your list siza grows, and you
become more well known, you will have more customers to launch your
next product to, and people who know you will be watching out for your
next product. As for timing, your product development lifecycle will
probably dictate how quickly you can release priducts and move through
the various stages. E.g. How long does it take you to write an ebook?
How quickly can you get the specifications for your software written,
outsource it to a software developer, test it and setup your marketing
and backend?

One last thing I would like to add in terms of product development.
You should be thinking in terms of suites of products and services.
Don't just release 1 ebook. Have some complementary products and
services ready to release with the ebook at the same time. These
might be Affiliate products, something you have PLR (private label
rights) to, or something else you developed yourself. Leverage off
your own product launches - it will help you progress your business
even faster.

That's it for this newsletter. I'll see you on the other side.


To your success!

Leigh Burke.
http://www.NicheInternetMarketing.com
http://www.LeighBurke.com
http://www.press-release-software.com
http://www.WPmemberSite.com
http://www.book-template.com

P.S - If you didn't get my last newsletter, I have a new Help Desk for
all my products: http://www.the-support-desk.com

P.P.S - You can now contact me directly via http://replytoleigh.com

P.P.P.S - With the launch of my Press Release Software and member
club, all other press release products will become obsolete. You'll
never need to buy another publicity product or pay full price for
press release submissions ever again! Remember with the affiliate
program, you'll have the opportunity to make back your purchase price
on the product in 2 sales. Plus keep your eyes peeled ofr the special
discount and bonus I will be offering only to my list.

You signed up to Leigh Burke's Niche Internet Marketing Newsletter at
worldwidelists.com with the following email address: raudensah.global@blogger.com

This email is only sent with permission. This message was sent to
your email address because you (or someone purporting to be
you) asked to be added to this mailing list.


Leigh Burke

,

To stop further mailings, go to:
http://optout.smartautoresponder.com/u/1002639262

0 komentar:

Post a Comment